Re: [cdt-dev] CDT's handling of compilation switches

Craig E. Rasmussen wrote:
So I am thinking to modify gcc have an option, say --emit-options-xml,
to have it create XML (or other easily machine-readable) output that
could easily be parsed by the gcc.  The output could be structured so
that the switches can be in categories, like the existing compiler
switches in the CDT today.  There's a lot that could be done with this,
I think. Here's a crude little example of what I'm thinking of:

How would this work (or be used) with compilers other than gcc?

CDT would use the current mechanism as a default when it detected that the compiler doesn't support the --emit-options-xml option.

- Corey

--
Corey Ashford
Software Engineer