Re: [cdt-dev] Moving CDT 4.0 to Java 1.5

Symbian votes +1 (i.e. move to 1.5.)

Best Regards
-- Lars Kurth

Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

27/09/2006 14:36

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Moving CDT 4.0 to Java 1.5

Hey gang,

We talked quickly about this at the summit and promised we’d talk about it on the mailing list. Here we go…

There is a lot of interest in moving to Java 1.5 for CDT 4.0. Before we decide to do this we need to make sure everyone is able to use Java 1.5 for their run-times.

I hereby call a vote on this move. This is open to everyone on the mailing list, not just committers. Everyone has a veto. If vetoed, we’ll stay at 1.4. And don’t be afraid to veto. The platform is not moving to 1.5 so can stay on 1.4. I’ll leave the vote open until next Thursday morning.

QNX votes +1 (i.e. move to 1.5.).

Doug Schaefer
QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

Do more with Symbian. Make sure you visit the Symbian
Smartphone Show, 17-18 October 2006, Excel, London

http://www.symbiansmartphoneshow.com

****
Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales
with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6
Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is
intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any
attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of
its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception,
amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in
compliance with Symbian corporate policy. *************************