[cdt-dev] InputOrder element

Hi,

  For my toolchain (built on MBS 3.0.2), I have a requirement where a tool should
be invoked first (before the C compiler tool).
As I understand, the order of invoking tools is primarily dependent on the order/sequence
of inputType (s) to the target tool (linker in this case).

From what I read, the "InputOrder" element should be useful.
So, I added an inputType element (ordered 1st) for the linker (with build variable=PSM_FILE, which matches that of the outputType for the bool tool).
To this, I added an inputOrder element with:
    path=$(PSM_FILE)
    excluded=true

But this results in strange behaviour.
Building my project stops at an empty subdir.mk file.

Am I using the "inputOrder" element in the correct manner?
Or is it that support for this element is not present in 3.0.2?

I currently work around this problem by adding $(PSM_FILE) an 'additionalDependency' for the 'C compiler' inputType.
But this is not at all optimal, since it results in rebuilding *all* C sources for a change in $(PSM_FILE), even if the
corresponding .d didn't deem it necessary.

Thanks,
Delicia.

Back to the top