RE: [cdt-dev] C/C++ identifier validation and internationalization

This was intentional.  Someone at IBM raised a defect that it worked the opposite way -- so it was changed to allow the different languages.  I cannot find the original defect but 70852, 70847, and 89853 all assume that the different languages are allowed.

I don't think that anybody else cares -- so it can be done either way.   The "correct" answer really depends upon what the compiler that you are using will accept.

    - Dave

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Neeraj U Bhope
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 10:24 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] C/C++ identifier validation and internationalization

The class creation wizard accepts class names in different languages. e.g. Arabic, German etc. It does not throw up any error since the CConventions.validateClassName goes through fine. Is this ok? In one the C++ standard working papers (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/wp/html/oct97/) there is an annexure for universal character names (http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/wp/html/oct97/extendid.html). So the standards seems to have defined the support but what is the current level of support in different compilers and of course in CDT. Do the validations in CConventions go through "as designed" or do they go through accidentaly? :)
--
neeraj

Back to the top