Re: [cdt-dev] Looking for instructions on how to check version 3.1.1 of the CDT source

You want branch cdt_3_1.  Failing that you can check last night's build on
http://cdt.eclipse.org

In general, we use the convention that the branches are lower case, and
particular tagged versions are upper case.  So, the 3.1 maintenance branch
is cdt_3_1, which will include 3.1.1 and all future updates to 3.1, wheras
the official source that went into CDT 3.1 was tagged with the CDT_3_1_0
tag.

You are right, this info should be on the Wiki.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Corey Ashford
             <cjashfor@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [cdt-dev] Looking for instructions
             15/09/2006 03:30          on how to check version 3.1.1 of
             PM                        the CDT source

             Please respond to
             cjashfor@xxxxxx.c
                om; Please
                respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hello,

I submitted a bugzilla against the CDT, and now I've been asked to
verify that the fix is in.  The comment says that the fix is in 3.1.1
and the HEAD.  When I look in the CDT projects in CVS, I don't see any
tag that says 3_1_1.  I do see CDT_3_1_0.

In the source that's in CVS for Eclipse itself, there is a map file in
the releng project which can be checked out with the release tag on it,
like 3.2.  In that map file is a list of projects and tags to use for
that version.

I looked in the CDT releng project, and found cdt.map, but the tags
there use what looks like an extra level of indirection.  The tag it
uses is @cdtTag@.  At least that's how I'm interpreting that.

Are there instructions on line somewhere as to how to check out a
particular version of the CDT?  I looked on the CDT wiki and the
developer resources but didn't find anything.

Thanks for your consideration,

- Corey

Corey Ashford
Software Engineer
IBM Linux Technology Center, Linux Toolchain
Beaverton, OR
503-578-3507
cjashfor@xxxxxxxxxx