From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Kumar, Virender
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 8:52 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: [cdt-dev] Eclipse hangs with file aux.cc on WIndows

Hi Folks

I came across a problem while using Eclipse 3.2 with CDT 3.1. But not sure if I should raise this as a bug for CDT, since it's actually a Windows limitation.

The problem came up because I had a file (aux.cc) in my project. This file was created on a non-Windows box. But I mapped the project to Windows. Windows has a limitation - that no file can be name as aux. Please see this link for more details - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filename.

On Windows, this file cannot be opened or read. So, when I create a project, CDT code was trying to read this file and it hangs. The location where it hangs is:
File - CModelManager.java (org.eclipse.cdt.core)
Line No. 584 - int bytesRead = is.read(bytes, count, hints - count);

When I created the same project with CDT 3.0, this problem did not come.
So, let me know if I should raise a bug for this.

Regards
Virender.

Back to the top