[cdt-dev] Dependencies for post-build step

Hi,

    I have a managed make C project (executable), which has successfully built.
I make a small modification to the post-build step and get:
**** Full rebuild of configuration Debug for project CDT_hello ****
make -k clean all

Shouldn't the post-build step be "incremental", and not do a clean rebuild?
I looked at the generated makefile, it has:
# All Target
all: CDT_hello.exe

# Tool invocations
CDT_hello.exe: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS)
 $(MAKE) --no-print-directory post-build

post-build:

Shouldn't it rather be:
all: CDT_hello.exe post-build

# Tool invocations
CDT_hello.exe: $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS)

post-build: CDT_hello.exe

Also, "post-build" is listed as a SECONDARY target, not sure on the implications of this part.

Thanks,
Delicia.

Back to the top