From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Alexiev, Dobrin
Sent: 06 September 2006 16:36
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Summit Agenda

Hi Doug,

Can you add to the conference list three more people from Texas Instrument?

Paul Gingrich

Brian Cruickshank

Dobrin Alexiev

Also,

We recently hooked up our debugger engine as a non GDB CDI debugger.

Along with that we did bunch of usability enhancements to CDT and Eclipse.

I was wandering if the community would be interested to see a demo of these enhancements.

If so, I can do a demo at the conference and discuss what we did to put these in the product.

Here are some of the enhancements:

Launch and debugger:

            - Low level debugging – no projects and/or program required.

            - Support for dynamic symbols – adding and removing of symbols.

            - Debug Active Project – hiding the launch concept for beginners.

            - Losing and recovering the connection to the debug target in the middle of a debug session.

            - Enhanced breakpoint support – hardware breakpoints, symbolic breakpoints – giving more control to the back end debugger.

            - Requesting the list of global variables from the debugger instead of the program file.

View enhancements:

            - Disassembly View – viewing the whole memory range, not only the current function.

            - Showing virtual vs physical memory in the memory view

            - Adding new breakpoints from a combo box in the Breakpoint View

            - Selecting a start address form a combo box in both Memory and Disassembly View

            - Added a drop down in the _expression_, Registers and Variables views for modifying of enums.

            - Modifying values in the _expression_ View

            - GUI testing infrastructure

Regards

Dobrin