From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sennikovsky, Mikhail
Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:20 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] PathEntryUtil should honor cygwin absolute paths

Hi Norbert,

My point is that the path translation should be performed in the Build System within the mechanism of path entry from option values calculation. See the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.internal.core.ManagedBuildInfo.getManagedBuildValues() method for more info.

When calculating the path entries, paths specified in the option values should be translated to OS path if necessary and Path entries containing regular OS paths should be created.

The tool definition may provide the path translation mechanism by specifying a java call-back. Build System would define a public implementation of such a call-back that would translate cygwin paths into windows paths, so windows tool definitions might reuse this call-back.

Mikhail