[cdt-dev] cygpath not behaving as expected causes Eclipse to hang

Hi,
when I tried out CDT 3.1, I noticed that it makes use of
the cygwin tool "cygpath" (if it is present) when debugging
an application that was compiled with gcc on Windows.

The "cygpath" tool is called, e.g., when you open the "Add global
variables" dialog in the variables view.

The "cygpath" tool offers some kind of command line interface to
retrieve
cygwin path names from filenames. So CDT writes its requests to the
process'
input stream and waits for answers on the output stream.

However, the cygwin application I tried to debug makes use of a
different
version of cygwin1.dll than "cygpath". So the call of "cygpath" just
displays an error message (DLL version mismatch), which causes the whole
Eclipse IDE to hang.

As "cygpath" is an external tool, that is called from within CDT, CDT
should
not act on the assumption that cygpath behaves exactly as expected.
Therefore,
I consider this a bug.
What do you think ? Has anyone run into that problem ?

Michael Luber

SIEMENS AG / A&D AS RD DH A2
*   : michael.luber@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top