From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Chris Recoskie
Sent: Friday, August 25, 2006 10:11 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Cc: CDT General developers list.; cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] Patch proposal
forbugzilla154854-gdbconsoleenhancements

The legal statement comes in the form of the contribution questionnaire.
See http://www.eclipse.org/legal/ContributionQuestionnairePart1-v1.0.php

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "Oberhuber,
             Martin"
             <Martin.Oberhuber                                          To
             @windriver.com>           "CDT General developers list."
             Sent by:                  <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             cdt-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: [cdt-dev] Patch proposal
             25/08/2006 06:57          forbugzilla154854-gdbconsoleenhance
             AM                        ments

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi CDT committers,

Currently, the "significant contribution" limit seems to
be at 250 lines of code, including configuration files: See
http://www.eclipse.org/legal/EclipseLegalProcessPoster.pdf

I'm not exactly sure what rules you follow on CDT,
but for Target Management we have come up with some
nice guidelines:
http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/committer_howto.php

Basically we ask contriutors to add some legal statement
like "I wrote this myself" to the bugzilla entry upfront,
in order to clarify the Legal things without having extra
E-mail exchange.

Regarding PMC approval, Bjorn has blogged that a single
PMC member's opinion may stand for the entire PMC:
http://eclipse-projects.blogspot.com/2006/06/pmc-question.html

This means its sufficient if you send an E-Mail to the
Tools PMC Mailing list, asking OK to apply the contribution,
and you get at least one PMC member's OK (that would be
Doug S I guess). Other PMC members can veto this later,
then you'd have to remove the patch again, but this is
really unlikely I guess.

But as I said, each project has its own guidelines, and
DougS is your master -- I just thought that giving you
the two links above might be helpful.

Cheers,
--
Martin Oberhuber