RE: [cdt-dev] CVS HEAD appears to be broken for org.eclipse.cdt.u i

Doug, I didn't mean a different open source refactoring, but a commercial one.

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: 23 August 2006 15:04
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] CVS HEAD appears to be broken for org.eclipse.cdt.u i

Well, there aren’t enough resources in the world to do even one refactoring, let alone different ones. The original reason for putting refactoring in a different plugin was to allow this functionality to be used by Wind River in their product without having to use the CDT UI. We definitely weren’t comfortable putting it in a separate plugin. If we think it’s the right thing to merge this functionality back into the CDT Core and UI plugins, I’m all for it.

Doug Schaefer

QNX Software Systems

Eclipse CDT Project Lead

http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com