[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
AW: [cdt-dev] Updating MBS project tyes - converter does not getcalled
- From: "Ploett, Norbert" <norbert.ploett@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 12:45:05 +0200
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thread-index: Aca3r2DmsGLfSLzcRkGE7IwjuNjdxQIAnXbQACZKlCA=
- Thread-topic: [cdt-dev] Updating MBS project tyes - converter does not getcalled
thanks for your response. I am doing better now. Here is what I have
learned (the hard way ...):
- When changing managed build definitions the old definitions should
stay in place. This way existing projects made by the old definitions
can still be opened.
- Mark the old projects with the isTest attribute to hide them in the
project creation wizard.
- I have declared a converter for one of my project types. From a
project's context menu -> Convert To ... I see a list entry for my
converter, and it gets called with the ICProject as build object.
Now I can implement the conversion of every single build element down to
the tools and options ...
OK, I'll come back to you (i.e. the list) when I meet further problems.
Thanks for your pointer to bug #104742, I agree with you that the doc
seems to say that the from and to ids are regular expressions while the
implementation does a strict string comparison.