Re: [cdt-dev] Now Accepting Registration/Proposals for CDT Fall Summit 2006

Doug,
I will be attending with Bala and Andrew for Symbian.
Regards
--  Lars

Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

31/07/2006 15:46

Please respond to

cc
Subject
[cdt-dev] Now Accepting Registration/Proposals for CDT Fall Summit        2006

The CDT Fall Summit will be held again this year in Ottawa at QNX headquarters from Sept 19-21. To register, please send me, Doug Schaefer, dschaefer@xxxxxxx, an e-mail. There is no cost to attend, lunches will be provided, and we’ll do another social night like we did last year sponsored by the fine people at QNX.

The theme for the conference is: “Here we Grow!”, or maybe not. I’ll have to get the QNX marketing guys to come up with something flashy. The focus of the summit will be technical as we look at the features we plan on adding to the CDT for CDT 4.0 and beyond to meet the needs of our growing community. There’s lots going on in the CDT and we need to make sure we co-ordinate activity and maintain the integrity of the architecture.

Here is a quick agenda to get a feel for what we will be discussing:

-          CDT Core
o        Indexing strategies (offline, remote, EFS)
o        CModel future (can we move it to use the DOM parser?)
-          CDT UI
o        Replacing the C/C++ Projects View with the Common Navigator/Project Explorer
o        CDT Editor Enhancements
-          CDT Build
o        The state of the Managed Build System (VS killer yet?)
o        The new Project Model teaching the Core about build settings
-          CDT Debug
o        Adopting the flexibile hierarchy
o        Meeting the needs of embedded developers
-          Multi-Language
o        How I built a C# plugin in my spare time
o        The Photran experience

Of course, we can add more if people propose to talk about more. Feel free to send me any ideas you have and volunteer to contribute to any of these as well.

QNX is located at 175 Terence Matthews Cres in the city formally known as Kanata (now a suburb of the city of Ottawa). There are a number of hotels in Kanata, with the Holiday Inn Select being the most popular from last year. If anyone has suggestions or queries, please feel free to discuss on the list.

See you there, or here, I guess
J.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com

*** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and
Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6
Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is
intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain
privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the
named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error
please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any
attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of
its Affiliates accepts liability for any corruption, interception,
amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in
transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in
compliance with Symbian corporate policy. *************************