From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Lothar Werzinger
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2006 11:34 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] PDOM news with ACE+TAO

On Thursday 27 July 2006 07:42, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Hey gang,
>

> I thought I'd give an update on what I've been doing this summer :-).
>

> I have finally got around to building the ACE framework and the TAO ORB on
> my machine. This source base is pretty critical since is one of the most
> intense C++ projects out in open source and we have a number of exceptions
> reported that were otherwise unreproducible. Now that I have the build
info
> and the project, I'm ready to start testing the Fast indexer on it. I
> already have reproduced the exceptions and a few PDOMNotImplemented
errors.
> Once I clean this up, I'll be very happy with the Fast indexer for 3.1.1.
> will then also make it the default indexer (if you haven't noticed, No
> indexer is currently the default).

That's incredibly great news! I can't wait to get my fingers on it :-)

> Anyway, I highly recommend the indexer community use this as a test bed.
> But it is huge, I'm using ACE 5.5 + TAO 1.5 and it took 5 hours to build
> and takes up 4.5 GB on my hard drive. To build with cygwin I also had to
> build folders that were skipped for some reason so if anyone wants my
build
> script, let me know.

You don't need to build everything. Only what you need. Especially compiling

all the tests takes a long time. There is a e.g. a way to build only what's
necessary for TAO (The ACE ORB).

P.S.
Keep in touch with the DOC group about your work. They might start using
Eclipse for their development if it woks well with ACE+TAO.

> Cheers,
>
> Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
>
> Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member

Lothar
--
Lothar Werzinger Dipl.-Ing. Univ.
framework & platform architect