From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Lott, Jeremiah
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2006 11:47 AM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: RE: [cdt-dev] source attachment
fororg.eclipse.cdt.debug.internal.core

Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Hmm, the SDK should work. But the source out of CVS is always best
> since it's easier to create patches from it J.

We use the SDK for our development, since our product is always
developed against the "released" version of CDT.  I haven't switched to
Callisto yet, but these steps work for me with CDT 3.0.2.  The step you
are most likely missing is #3.

-1. Import->External Plug-ins and Fragments...
-2. Change "Plug-in Location" to the directory where your CDT plugins
are.
-3. Click "Source Code Locations..." and add
"plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.source_3.0.2/src" and
"plugins/org.eclipse.cdt.source.win32.win32.x86_3.0.2/src".
-4. Click "Next"
-5. Add all of the CDT plugins, Click Finish.

I think you can also change the plugin source locations in the
preferences after the projects are created.  Sometimes we had problems
in the past with this taking immediate effect on already existing
projects, so that is something to look out for.  Hopefully this helps,

  Jeremiah Lott
  TimeSys Corporation