Re: [cdt-dev] Memory problems

Is this with a pre-release CDT 3.1, or an older version?

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "James Hawkins"
             <truiken@xxxxxxxx
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             23/06/2006 02:32          Re: [cdt-dev] Memory problems
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

On 6/22/06, Ben Monroe <bendono@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Greetings.
>
> I am having extreme memory problems with CDT.
> For the record, I am running Eclipse with -vmargs -Xmx512M.
>
> The plugin under development is particular to SystemC files.
> Therefore, the projects created have appropriate includes for SystemC.
> Even before executing my code, the indexer would run, and would
> eventually run out of memory. This prompted me to disabling the
> indexer.

I have the same problem.  I work on the Wine project, and I use
Eclipse as my IDE.  To completely index the entire code base, I have
to remove one of the files from the project, because the indexer can't
get past it.  After removing the file, it still takes about 8 hours to
index.  During the index, the CPU runs at 90% and memory consumption
is around 1.5Gb (I have 3Gb total).  No offense meant to the CDT
developers, but the requirements for the full indexer seem extreme.

--
James Hawkins