[cdt-dev] Memory problems

Greetings.

I am having extreme memory problems with CDT.
For the record, I am running Eclipse with -vmargs -Xmx512M.

The plugin under development is particular to SystemC files.
Therefore, the projects created have appropriate includes for SystemC.
Even before executing my code, the indexer would run, and would
eventually run out of memory. This prompted me to disabling the
indexer.

Now I am able to parse a single file (taking roughly 10 seconds),
storing the needed information. I then run the parser over multiple
files (9 CPP in this particular sample). Not always, but typically I
run out of memory before it completes.

I am using IASTServiceProvider.getTranslationUnit to obtain the AST
for each file. I then "accept" with a custom class derived from
CPPASTVisitor, overriding visit(IASTName) for custom processing. For
example, identifing modules by checking if a symbol extends from
::sc_core::sc_module.

Are there any suggestions for lowing memory consumption?
I am considering omitting the SystemC includes and hard coding the
bare minimum for processing, however this is not desired.

I would appreciate suggestions.
Regards,
Ben Monroe

Back to the top