RE: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

CDT Big Cheese wrote on 06/15/2006 09:04:07 PM:
> One reason I'm focusing on C# is that it also uses the pre-processor. I want
> to figure out how to properly integrate the pre-processors. The way are in
> the CDT parser, where it pre-processes as it is scanning, turned out to be
> difficult to get right and probably made things more complex than they
> needed to be. And, it's not very reusable.

Most of the complexity comes from the fact that we need to keep _real_
offset information around in order to have the navigation features find the
right spot in the original unprocessed file.  It has made certain aspects of
preprocessing nearly impossible (proper locations for macro parameters in the DOM,
for example).  Perhaps with your new persistance capabilities, we can actually
scale this a bit better by doing it in two passes and by keeping some significant
meta-data around.

Cheers,
JohnC

Back to the top