RE: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

Well, I'll let you know when I get there :).

My plan is to keep IASTName for symbol declarations and references, and
IBinding which links all uses of a symbol together. It's really these two
interfaces that drive most of the functionality that uses the DOM. There are
a few more for bookkeeping to keep track of the name to source mapping.

One reason I'm focusing on C# is that it also uses the pre-processor. I want
to figure out how to properly integrate the pre-processors. The way are in
the CDT parser, where it pre-processes as it is scanning, turned out to be
difficult to get right and probably made things more complex than they
needed to be. And, it's not very reusable.

Without my army behind me I need to go through and simplify the architecture
as I've done with the indexer (PDOM). This pre-processor work may be next
(followed closely by resolveBinding algorithms in C and C++ :( ).

My hope is that we can follow this architecture for Fortran and other
languages people may be interested in (someone say Objective-C?)

Then we can build a rewriter framework for refactoring for all, and so on...

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com