Re: [cdt-dev] FW: [eclipse-dev] C# plugin for Eclipse

On Tuesday 13 June 2006 08:34, Doug Schaefer wrote:
> Yes, I have a Google SOC student working towards that and I’ve been working
> on a C# parser (at least until the CDT 3.1 storm hit). I think it’s a
> natural fit.
> I’ll have to think about how I’d organize this activity. There is a lot of
> work to do to make this happen, including editor support, DOM support,
> managed build, debug. I’m not sure how it fits in our mandate, whatever our
> mandate really is, so I’ve been thinking of hosting it at our SourceForge
> project, cdt-contrib.
> Anyone else interested in working on this?

I second Mike Milinkovich's point that if CDT seems to be the best place for
 a C# Eclipse, then so be it!

However, I would just like to point out that there is already a C# Eclipse
plugin in current development [1].

It's also quite far along, with the following features (quoted from the
webpage):

- Syntax highlight.
- Smart indent.
- Outline page.
- Format action and syntax checking.
- Comment and uncomment actions.

Doug Schaefer: I'm looking at the proposal, and I'm not quite understanding
whether Rebecca Chernoff will be working on a Mono Eclipse plugin or the IDE
Generator?

Thanks!

[1] http://black-sun.sourceforge.net/csharp-editor/index.html

--