RE: [cdt-dev] Copyright updates

Looks like Doug should buy the beer.
even though most of it was while he was still on our side.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             Chris Recoskie
             <recoskie@xxxxxx.
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/13/2006 03:34          RE: [cdt-dev] Copyright updates
             PM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

One interesting thing I have noticed that needs fixing... there are some
files in CDT for which there are no copyright headers at all.  These will
have to be fixed (and not by me because I can't put copyright headers on
code IBM didn't write).

There are enough Java files on this list  that I feel the need to drop a
friendly hint everyone that you can easily change the file header comment
template in Eclipse to automagically put the proper headers on for you
whenever you create a new file/class.  Otherwise next release we're going
to tax the offenders a case of beer at EclipseCon :-P

Here is the list:

   the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.msvc.core plugin (QNX)
   the .c files that make up the managed build UI tests (Intel)
   PDOMUpdateProjectAction.java (QNX)
   WindowsRegistry.java (QNX)
   IPDOMIndexerTask.java (QNX)
   PDOMIndexerJob.java (QNX)
   ErrorParserTests.java (QNX)
   FileBasedErrorParserTests.java (QNX)
   WinRegTests.java (QNX)
   DBTest.java (QNX)
   nmake.mak (QNX)
   winreg.cpp (QNX)
   ICDITargetConfiguration2 (Nokia)
   org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.importexecutable.Messages.java (Nokia)
   org.eclipse.cdt.debug.ui.importexecutable/message.properties (Nokia)
   StandardBuildTestHelper.java (QNX)
   CountNodeAction.java (QNX)
   SetFastIndexerAction.java (QNX)
   ProposalFilterPreferencesUtil.java (QNX)
   DefaultProposalFilter.java (QNX)

I am poised to check in the IBM copyright changes.  If anyone objects to me
checking in these 788 files right now (yes it's really that many) let me
know by 7 AM tomorrow, Eastern time.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             Chris
             Recoskie/Toronto/
             IBM@IBMCA                                                  To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             13/06/2006 10:51          RE: [cdt-dev] Copyright updates
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

> Is that the way it is supposed to work?  That is, all files get their
> copyright changed regardless of whether they have been modified in 2006?

No not quite.  The tool is smart and checks CVS to see when the file was
last modified.  If this time is > the last date in the copyright notice,
the notice is updated.  If the date is fine then it changes nothing.

The tool is picky though and will only update notices from the company you
specify (default is IBM).  So we'll have to do one pass for each company
that has submitted files to CDT.  E.g. I will have to go back and reinvoke
the tool on "Texas Instruments" to cover the stuff that I did while at TI.

Does everyone want to do their own company's files?  I can make a best stab
at the whole thing but it is possible that I'll miss something.  Having
everyone do their own will probably be more foolproof.

===========================

Chris Recoskie
Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
IBM Toronto
http://www.eclipse.org/cdt

             "Treggiari, Leo"
             <leo.treggiari@in
             tel.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             13/06/2006 10:42          RE: [cdt-dev] Copyright updates
             AM

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Is that the way it is supposed to work?  That is, all files get their
copyright changed regardless of whether they have been modified in 2006?
I know that I have been modifying the copyrights of files that I have
changed since the beginning of the year, but it's probably a good bet
that I missed some...

Leo