Re: [cdt-dev] How to compile and run the C programs in Eclipse IDE

Jayaprakesh,

This question is better directed to the eclipse.tool.cdt newsgroup at news.eclipse.org. This list is primarily for the developers of CDT itself.

However, you will also need to install C/C++ development tools (compiler, assembler, linker, debugger etc). Eclipse works 'out of the box' with GNU-based tool (gcc, gas, gdb etc). You will need to identify your host platform (where your tools are running, such as Windows, Linux, Unix etc) and your target platform (where you programs will run such as x86, MIPS, ARM etc).

---
Derek

Jayaprakash N wrote:
Hi all,

I have installed eclipse and the following tools for C program development (Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools SDK and Eclipse C/C++ Development Tools (source) ).

Do I need any additional tools to write, compile and execute the C programs under Eclipse platform? Can some one help me in writing and compiling C programs under Eclipse?

Thanks & Regards,

Jayaprakash N

Zilog India Electronics Private Ltd.

5th Floor,Khanija Bhavan,