From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jean-Claude
Gervais
Sent: Monday, June 05, 2006 7:35 PM
To: CDT Debug developers list
Subject: Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Resource compiler?

Thanks for the info.

I did manage to get resources to compile:

In the project's BUILD STEPS, I put
windres ../src/resource.rc ../Debug/resource.o

in the COMMAND: edit field and added
../Debug/resource.o
in the Tool Settings - Miscellaneous field.

The downside is that resources get compiled only when I do a CLEAN.
It would be good if there was a way to get the .RC file considered in
the project dependencies, but I have no clue how to do that.

Thanks again.

On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 15:55 -0400, Chris Recoskie wrote:
> Well, assuming you are using Managed Build, you would need to have
> toolchain definitions that would support Microsoft's resource
compiler.
> Right now we don't have these.  If someone wants to volunteer the
effort
> though we'll happily make them a part of CDT somewhere.
>
> If you are using Standard Make to build your project you can of course
do
> anything you wish in your makefile, since you get to write it by hand.
>
> ===========================
>
> Chris Recoskie
> Team Lead, IBM CDT Team
> IBM Toronto
> http://www.eclipse.org/cdt
>

>              Jean-Claude

>              Gervais

>              <jc.gervais@video
>              tron.ca>                  CDT Debug developers list

>              Sent by:                  <cdt-debug-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

>              cdt-debug-dev-bou
cc
>              nces@xxxxxxxxxxx