RE: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard extension debugging

>and if you are changing include paths,
I never got even close to that far.  If the code to even get the build info
object from the Runnable was COMPILED in it,
the whole wizard was never visible.

Meanwhile I'm perfecting the option changing in a clone of the
managedBuilder.ui.tests plugin..
then will go back to tiptoeing around the black holes of my original code
base. :-)

>I suggest that you try to get your code to work by modifying a simple
property
Like what? Please suggest a simple one.

How about some hack like making the current thread (within the runnable)
sleep for a while????
Would that tell us if that was it, and be a (very temporary) workaround?

>There is still something wrong with the synchronization
Hmmm.... maybe we all need to sync/lock on the same thing.... ? The project
itself?

Is there any other call I can make to assure all the other
project-initialization stuff
is complete?

Just thinking out loud...

Thanks Leo!

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Treggiari, Leo"
             <leo.treggiari@in
             tel.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."
             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             clipse.org                                                 cc

                                                                   Subject
             06/01/2006 06:17          RE: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard extension
             PM                        debugging

             Please respond to
               "CDT General
             developers list."
             <cdt-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Hi Beth,

It's possible that you are not doing anything wrong, but are getting
caught by the set of things that can get "kicked off" when a project is
created.  I'm pretty sure that your custom Runnable is executing on a
separate thread and probably using the Workspace as its schedule rule.
Other things that can immediately start on separate threads include a
build, if automatic building is on, and the indexer, if one is selected.
There is also the scanner discovery mechanism that gets kicked off by
the indexer, and maybe other things that I can't remember, and if you
are changing include paths, you're causing scanner discovery listeners
to get invoked as well.

I suggest that you try to get your code to work by modifying a simple
property before trying to modify the include paths, library paths,
and/or macro definitions.  These are tracked by the scanner discovery
mechanism.

There is still something wrong with the synchronization of all of these
things that can get started at project start-up.  I got CDT into a
deadlock state a few months ago...

Regards,
Leo

Leo, I am not doing a sync()... or async()... just running in the thread
that the Runnable is called on...
should I be doing that any differently?

The only data access I'm doing is reading and writing preferences, and
MBSCustomePageManager's  pageProperty values.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Treggiari, Leo"

             <leo.treggiari@in

             tel.com>
             Sent by:                  "CDT General developers list."

             cdt-dev-bounces@e         <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

             clipse.org
cc

Subject
             05/31/2006 02:42          RE: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard
extension
             PM                        debugging

             Please respond to

               "CDT General

             developers list."

             <cdt-dev@eclipse.

                   org>

Just a wild guess..., but could there be some kind of multithread
problem with code in the runnable and other parts of Eclipse/CDT?  For
example, concurrent access to data?

Leo