RE: [cdt-dev] MBS wizard extension debugging

Sorry for not responding yesterday; we had a severe thunderstorm and
lightning strike and our email servers were not happy.

Well to try to isolate what's happening with my Managed Build System
wizard, and also to be able to make *some* progress,
I moved my option-setting code to within the
managedbuilder.ui.tests.wizardPages.TestRunnable to see if I could cause it
to fail.

Lo and Behold it starts to run.

So, a couple of questions before I backtrack and find why my original code
doesn't.
(Probably a threading issue per Leo's idea, perhaps with how I'm reading
the user's input on the wizardpage and doing the
MBSCustomPageManager.addPageProperty()...?? )

My original goal was to add an include path to the build settings of the
new project.

Question...
How should I know the id to use to find the option for the include paths?

I tried:
iTool.getOptionById(IOption.TYPE_INC_PATH);    // TYPE_INC_PATH is
"includePath"
but that's null.

I looped thru all the options that the tool had and found:
option 4   name="Include paths (-I)"
id="gnu.c.compiler.option.include.paths"

So, when I use the id=gnu.c.compiler.option.include.paths
option=iTool.getOptionById("gnu.c.compiler.option.include.paths");
That works.
I'm able to add my include path to the list (which was empty) and do the
ManagedBuildManager.setOption(config,iTool,option,newIncludePaths)

..also..
I also see IOption.getIncludePaths()...   but how do i *get* an option from
which to ask for the include paths?
how do I change (add to ) the list *then* ??

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top