[cdt-dev] Changes to makefile generation regarding quotes and Echo

FYI;  I have just committed a change to makefile generation to address 4 bugzillas (127077, 119396, 132760, 133981).  The changes are:

1.  Use double quotes instead of single quotes around paths that can contain special characters (e.g., spaces).

2.  Previously, we would ‘echo’ every command and then issue the command prefixed with a ‘@’.  We now just issue the command.  Other uses of “echo” put a single quote around the echoed string and properly “escape” any single quotes in the string.

These changes primarily interact with the “shell” used by make to execute the build.  There may be shells that I’m not aware of that could be negatively impacted.  If so, let us know.

Regards,

Leo

Back to the top