Re: [cdt-dev] Modifiable AST

Hi,

I and Leo Büttiker are the two students working on the projects mentioned by Guido.

Currently we are analyzing the cdt source code in order to get familiar with the cdt and to identify the relevant packages. Afterwards we will define the changes needed. I'll also have a look at the AST in the JDT to follow the pattern used there. Are there some documents available about the architectural plans for the CDT?

We would be glad to get some hints for a better start.

Greetings
Emanuel Graf

Doug Schaefer schrieb:
Of course! The biggest hurdle to getting contributions into Eclipse projects
is the IP cleanliness of the code. Assuming that it's all original work, I
don't see this as a problem.

You may also want to make sure we're kept informed on what they are doing to
make sure it fits into our architectural plans for the CDT. But assuming
they are following the same pattern for writable ASTs as the JDT is using,
then I have no problem there either.

Great to hear there's progress on this! At EclipseCon, we heard from a
number of people interested in using refactoring in the CDT.

Doug Schaefer, QNX Software Systems
Eclipse CDT Project Lead, Tools PMC member
http://cdtdoug.blogspot.com