[cdt-dev] PDOM Architecture

Hi,
I am interested in any information on the new PDOM architecture.
As I understood it will be different from before in that currently when requesting auto-complete the entire translation unit is parsed until the cursor, while in the new design the results from previous parse will be saved and used.
Do you have any details/documentation that might help me to understand better the changes in the design (I have read the: http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/CDT/designs/PDOM but it didn't help much).
I have many questions on the subject:
How do you know what is the new information and what is information from previous parse?
What is the information that is provided by the Indexer to content assist that is not provided by the DOM Contributor?
Is the Indexer updated incrementally? how does it know what are the changes done to the editor? When is it updated?

If you know the answers it will be of great help :)
Thanks,
Orly