[cdt-dev] Accessing CDT functionality from RCP

Hi,

I am trying to create an IDE to support a toolchain.
I have followed the 'Managed build system extensibility document' for CDT to come up with a plug-in that builds the executable for my platform. The extension point used is org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core.buildDefinitions. I have only written a proper plugin.xml according to my toolchain requirements and CDT has provided all the builder functionality.

Now I want to use this plug-in to create a Rich Client Application that has the views, actions and menus as per my requirements. The functionality for some of these actions and menus is expected to come from CDT. For example, the action 'Create New Project' in RCP application should invoke the 'new project wizard' for CDT Managed Make C Project.

Is there any specific (recommended) method to link the actions on an RCA to their functionality elsewhere (in my case CDT)?

Thanks,
Delicia.

Back to the top