Re: [cdt-dev] Difference between main Eclipse plug-ins and runtime version

> My C Managed Make plug-in creates new source files as part of the new
> project creation process. It works fine when I run as an Eclipse
> application within the runtime version of Eclipse. When I then export
> the plug-in and install it with the rest of the plug-ins in my main
> Eclipse directory, it no longer creates the files. Thinking it might be
> something wrong with the Export as "Deployable plug-ins and fragments",
> I moved my entire plugin project directory with the class files into the
> main plugins directory in place of the exported jar file. Still no files
> getting output. So it seems like something different in the environments
> of regular Eclipse and the runtime version. I have not found any
> documentation to that affect. Are there differences between the two
> environments that could contribute to this?

Keithen,

Not sure if you already fixed the issue, but we have ran into a similar
situation. First of all I'm not sure if simply copying the entire plugin
project automatically works. Within the PDE the java modules are generally
compiled into a 'bin' subdirectory, and if you use a straight copy the
classloader might not look there?
Apart from that you could try to trace all the classes being loaded from
your 'standalone' situation, the following link was very helpfull
in that respect:
   http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/rational/library/06/0221_rossner/

For example, using the following 'build.options':
org.eclipse.osgi/debug=true
org.eclipse.osgi/debug/loader=true
org.eclipse.osgi/trace/classLoading=true
org.eclipse.osgi/trace/activation=true

and the following command line call:
  java.exe -cp startup.jar org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main -debug build.options

allows you to see exactly which classes are being loaded, and if

  Wieant

--
Wieant Nielander                            Altium BV
Project Manager