RE: [cdt-dev] Difference between main Eclipse plug-ins and runtimeversion

Try launching ecilipse with the -clean option specified after you add your plug-ins to eclipse. That’ll force eclipse to clean the extension registry data and reparse the plug-in information.

Regards,

Mikhail

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keithen Hayenga
Sent: Thursday, March 23, 2006 1:32 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Difference between main Eclipse plug-ins and runtimeversion

Hi CDTers-

My C Managed Make plug-in creates new source files as part of the new project creation process. It works fine when I run as an Eclipse application within the runtime version of Eclipse. When I then export the plug-in and install it with the rest of the plug-ins in my main Eclipse directory, it no longer creates the files. Thinking it might be something wrong with the Export as “Deployable plug-ins and fragments”, I moved my entire plugin project directory with the class files into the main plugins directory in place of the exported jar file. Still no files getting output. So it seems like something different in the environments of regular Eclipse and the runtime version. I have not found any documentation to that affect. Are there differences between the two environments that could contribute to this?

-Keithen

Back to the top