[cdt-dev] assignToOption for inputType element

I have a situation where I need to use a custom linker script (which gets built as a pre-link step).
We do this by using the -T linker flag : cragcc a.o b.o -T <linker_script_name.ld>

This is the case only for special projects that use multiple processors.
After having a look at the MBS documentation, I figured, the best way to do this, would be to use the "assignToOption" field of the inputType element.

So what I have is:
<inputType
   assignToOption="cra.c.link.option.linkerscript"    //This option has <command="-T">
   buildVariable="LDSCRIPT"
   id="cradle.toolchain.c.linker.input3"
   multipleOfType="true"
   sources="ld">
</inputType>

As per the documentation, whenever a linker input of this type ($LDSCRIPT) is found, the flag "-T" should be prepended to the filename.
My makefile shows that this is exactly what happens.

However, my problem is that the dependencies for this step go for a toss.
$(LDSCRIPT) is the buildVariable for the pre-link step, so this should get built first - which happens if I remove the "assignToOption" from the above description.

Once this assignToOption is added, the prelink step doesn't happen, and it seems like the $LDSCRIPT variable does *not* even get defined (apparent from the final build step.

I even tried adding LDSCRIPT to the 'builder's' reservedMacroNames but that didn't help.
Is there a known bug of this type? Any other workaround I could use?

Thanks,
Delicia.

Back to the top