AW: [cdt-dev] difficulty creating a patch (!)

Hi Andrew,

I have experienced similar problems but I could always fix them by converting the line delimiters (from the eclipse File menu).

Norbert

Von: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Andrew Ferguson
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 1. März 2006 10:46
An: CDT General developers list.
Cc: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: RE: [cdt-dev] difficulty creating a patch (!)

hi Bogdan, Sunil,

 thanks for the responses. I do understand synchronization/update-to-dateness issues however, and have eliminated this possibility early on. I'm seeing the same problem today. I can reliably do the following

1) download eclipse-SDK-3.1-win32.zip from eclipse.org, and unzip it, chooseing a new empty location as the workspace
2) attach to CVS repository dev.eclipse.org at /cvsroot/tools as anonymous over pserver
3) checkout as project, the org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.core plugin, from HEAD
4) make a single character change to GnuMakefileGenerator (and save)
5) do a Team -> Create Patch
6) observe the patch consists of the every line of the original being removed, every line of the slightly edited file being added

In my experience, this would normally point to line endings, but I believe I've eliminated this also.

It'd be great if anyone can confirm that the sequence above does or does not work for them. (I've been using eclipse and cvs for a couple of years so am fairly confident this isn't user error at this stage)

thanks,
Andrew