RE: [cdt-dev] Mixed C/C++ in MBS

> 2.  In the future, we're looking to provide only a "compiled-language"
project type, and not specific C, C++ or Fortran projects.  Does anyone
have any ideas on how we will solve the linker problem then?  For now,
we can still select the linker based upon whether the user creates a C
or C++ project.

Just to document an idea for my own question...

We may want to add the capability to provide logic to include/exclude
tools in a tool-chain from the current configuration.  This was
requested last week and could be used here as well.  That is, the
tool-chain could define all possible linkers and then tool-chain
provided logic could decide which one should be used.  Knowing how to
propagate linker options when deciding to use a different linker (e.g.,
when the user adds a C++ source to a previously all C project) may be a
little tricky...

Regards,
Leo

Back to the top