RE: [cdt-dev] Indexer problems?

Hi Jeremiah,

>Separately to the managed build developers:  It seems weird that you
>should have to define your own extension for this just to override the
>command to run.  Shouldn't it read the command from the toolchain
itself
>somehow?  What if the user overrides the gcc command in the UI?  It
>doesn't seem that the scanner info stuff would realize that and would
>continue to run gcc, even if the user switched it to arm-linux-gcc or
>the like.  I assume this would cause the indexer to be incorrect in
this
>case.  Maybe I've missed something, though.

The main issue here is that the scanner info functionality is not MBS
specific.  It also applies to Standard Make projects which don't have
the concept of a "tool-chain".  I don't think that the code that invokes
this extension is in the MBS, so it has no knowledge of a "tool-chain"
either.  This is one of the problems that the new "project model" is
intended to solve.

Regards,
Leo

Back to the top