RE: [cdt-dev] Mixed C/C++ in MBS

> I'm not at all suggesting for example Fortran in the same project, mixed
> Fortran and C/C++ are very rare.  Mixed C/C++ is very common and should
> be supported.

Actually, you'll probably find some Fortran guys that can argue that it is
not so rare. :)

The pragmatic state of the world is that C libraries are everywhere and are
mature and stable. Any language wishing to interface with the real world
needs to have some amount of C or a library somewhere that does this for
them. That's why languages such as Fortran and Ada and C++ and C# and ...
have facilities in them to generate object code that interfaces with C. It's
probably in our best interest to support this.

Back to the top