From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of sdallstar
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 7:48 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Managed Make: An optional tool

Greetings,

Let me describe my current situation to you all. I have created a custom tool-chain to compile my entire project into an executable on my platform. This process requires about 8 different tools to complete. Within those 8 tools, I have 2 tools that I wish to make optional to the user whether or not they run. I realize this is not exactly how a managed make system should work, and I'm open for any suggestion on how to go about this differently.

For example, a project may or may not contain HTML files. I created a checkbox option in the project preferences on whether to compile these html files into the build process. If checked, I'd like the tool to compile HTML files to run, if unchecked, I'd like the tool to be skipped in the build process. As it is set up now, the tools inputtype scans for HTML files to decide if it runs or not (which is the "correct" way to do things). I was hoping some kind of handler type attribute existed for the tool, but I don't see anything like this in the documentation.

Any idea's on the route I should take?

Forrest

Back to the top