[cdt-dev] Publishing the trace options of some CDT plug-ins

Hello folks,

when debugging CDT plug-ins I always wondered why none of them had any trace flags. A closer look revealed that the .options files which publish the flags are there alright in CVS, but they are not included in the binary/source build and as a consequence they are not available to users who import the plug-ins from the target platform (installation location) instead of checking them out from CVS.

Is this intentional or by accident? I am aware of the following plug-ins which have "non-build" .options files:

org.eclipse.cdt.ui
org.eclipse.cdt.core
org.eclipse.cdt.debug.mi.core

If there are no objections then I would just check the boxes to include .options in the build.
Any opinions?

Norbert Ploett

Back to the top