Re: [cdt-dev] Terminating a debugging session overwrites console

The output console is not overwritten. The Console view is designed to display multiple consoles. Usually the console displayed in the view is synchronized with the selection in the Debug view.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bart van Kuik" <b.van.kuik@xxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 12:16 PM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Terminating a debugging session overwrites console

Hi,

I'm debugging an application which prints a few things to the console.
Then I terminate it halfway. The console then gets cleared and says
"killed".

Now the funny thing: if I go to the menu Window -> New Window, a new
window of course appears, but the console shows the original output of
the application! (I.e. it's not cleared with "killed").

Some version info:
I'm running Linux, Eclipse 3.1.1 and CDT 3.0.1.
$ gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)
$ gdb --version
GNU gdb 6.3-debian