From: Doug Schaefer <DSchaefer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2005 18:25:07 -0500
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] JVM Version for CDT 3.1

Hey gang, this topic came up at the Eclipse Architecture Council meetings. Apparently the JDT in Eclipse 3.1 requires JRE 1.5. The rest of the platform will be JRE 1.4. I know we at QNX have a requirement to stay on 1.4. Does anyone have a strong need to move to 1.5 or can I declare that the CDT will be 1.4 also. BTW most of the projects are also staying on 1.4 (not to invoke peer pressure J).

Doug