RE: [cdt-dev] Automatic discovery of Library paths

Hi Rekha,

The ScannerConfigurationDiscoveryProfile mechanism is actually used for calculating and providing the compiler built-in information necessary for the scanner/parser. This includes preprocessor symbols and include paths.

What is your intention regarding dynamic library path calculation?

If this is the compiler built-in library paths, then I can not think of any necessity to provide this info to the CDT currently.

If your intention is to dynamically set some MBS option values that represent library paths, then you should implement the OptionValueHandler call-back for those options and handle the appropriate event to calculate and dynamically adjust the option value when the option is loaded/opened/modified.

Note: for the current implementation (CDT 3.0 and 3.0.1) you should use the “OPEN” event that is fired for all configuration options each time the non-extension configuration (configuration associated with the particular project and stored in the .cdtbuild file) is created. The OPEN event is the most appropriate for the non-extension option adjustments (adjustments of the particular non-extension configuration, etc.)

 I’m also going to implement the new event type: “LOAD” that will be fired only once per eclipse session when the extension elements are loaded. This is the most appropriate for the extension MBS elements adjustments that are to be used/applied for all non-extension configurations that use the adjusted extension element. The LOAD event will be included both for the 3.0.2 and 3.1 and I am going to commit the changes into CVS next week.

Regards,

Mikhail