[cdt-dev] Behavior of ${value} in tool options

Hi,

With my tool, there is an option to output a report file. The syntax is:

	toolname --reportfile="path" ...

In my plugin, I have created an option like this:
    <option
        browseType='file'
        category='toolchain.optionCategory.output'
        command='--reportpath="${value}"'
        id='toolchain.output.reportpath'
        name='Report file'
        resourceFilter='all'
        valueType='string'
      ></option>

Under Windows, the selected filename (${value}) is placed into the command
stripped of backslashes.

If I change the command to:
        command='--reportpath='
Then the filename is appended to the command. However, if the filename
contains spaces (e.g. c:\Documents and Settings...) then my tool does not
parse the command line properly.

Can anybody suggest how I can overcome this problem?

Thanks,

---
Derek

Back to the top