[cdt-dev] Problem adding new tool and file extension into MBS

Hi,

I'm having a problem while trying to add a new tool and file extension to
the MBS as part of a Managed Make C project.

The tool is called 'xlate' and it converts a .xc file to a .c source file
that can then be built with the standard C tools (compiler/linker). It is
similar in concept to yacc/bison.

The problem is that having created a project, if I try to create a source
file with a .xc extension, I get the error "File name is discouraged. File
extension does not correspond to known source file types.".

What have I missed in my plugin?

I am using Eclipse 3.1.1 and CDT 3.0.1. I am developing the plug-in with the
PDE. To create the integration, I have followed the Example Tool Integration
example in the Managed Build System Extensibility document provided with
3.0.1. I have then tried to modify it by adding a new tool called xlate and
it's associated inputType and outputType, which generates the following
plugin.xml:

<tool
  command="xlate"
  id="example.toolchain.xlate"
  isAbstract="false"
  name="Translator"
  natureFilter="both" >
  <inputType

dependencyCalculator="org.eclipse.cdt.managedbuilder.makegen.internal.Defaul
tIndexerDependencyCalculator"
      dependencyContentType="org.eclipse.cdt.core.cHeader"
      id="example.toolchain.xlate.input"
      name="Translator Input"
      primaryInput="true"
      sources="xc"/>
  <outputType
      id="example.toolchain.xlate.output"
      name="TranslatorOutput"
      outputContentType="org.eclipse.cdt.core.cSource"
      outputs="c"
      primaryOutput="true"/>
</tool>

I am then defining content-type, which generates the following in plugin.xml
<extension point="org.eclipse.core.runtime.contentTypes">
      <content-type
            base-type="org.eclipse.core.runtime.text"
            file-extensions="xc"
            id="xlateC"
            name="xlateC"
            priority="high"/>