From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aparna Argade
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 3:18 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] getting project's location in run() of custom new projectwizard page

Hi,

I have added a custom page to New Managed C Project Wizard. In the operation class’ run method, I want to get the directory of the project (i.e. location of the project). I did following steps to get at the project’s location.

1. I got the page for CProjectPlatformPage from MBSCustomPageData.

2. I called getProject() on this page.

3. Then I called getLocation on the project.

During debugging, the program runs ok till step 2. I get the project and can see project variable’s members in the debug window. But the program goes in exception code while calling any function on the project variable at step 3.

I see the error details as “org/eclipse/core/resources/IProject violates loader constraints” when I directly run the program and try to create a new project. The project doesn’t get created.

Is it not possible to access the project’s methods at the run() method of the custom page?

How should I get the project’s location if the above approach is not correct?

Please help.

Thanks & Regards,

Aparna

Back to the top