[cdt-dev] Some questions about Indexer and C++ Build Project settings

Hi,

Having almost solved my problems with remote target
debugging using GDB, I have some questions about
Managed Make and C/C++ Indexer.

Basically, I have implemented our own settings for the
compiler and linker in the plugin.xml file using the
extension points. This seems to work in principle. But
there are stil some minor issues I would like to
improve:

1) It is possible to define inclcude directories paths
in the options using special extension points and this
works. But it is not very convinient for the standard
include paths of the compiler, since a developer has
to enter them every time for each new project. I'm
pretty sure that it is possible to append these paths
to the list of include paths automatically. But I
cannot find where I have to do it. Is there something
like IncludePaths provider class that I can
overload???

2) Though we use our own compiler, CDT still uses GCC
for Indexer for some reason. And of course it also
takes the wrong include files in this case, since
standard includes for GCC and our compiler are
different. So, where is the place or what is the
method that I can use to tell Indexer about our own
standard include paths and predefined symbols?

3) In the Project Properties/ C++ Build settings I
have defined some groups and categories for compiler
settings, for linker settings, etc. While doing it,
I've felt the need to have something like "shared
options". E.g. I want "-v" (verbose) to apply to both
compiler and linker. But is it possible to say that
one option belongs or influences two different
groups/categories? I have the impression that such a
scenario is not covered yet by standard CDT
functionality, or?

4) How can one define new type of option? Or more
precisely, a new way to display some options in the
GUI. I'd like to give a developer the possibility to
select a set of drivers for our board. Basically, it
is a list of selected drivers. But I don't want the
developer to search through the filesystem for them.
Instead, I want to display a list of available drivers
(and this set can change dynamically, i.e. independent
from the plugin) in a nice custom GUI form and let the
developer do a selection.  Unfortunately, I haven't
figured out yet, how to do so in the most simple way.
And I don't know how to handle this issue with the
fact that the list of available drivers should be
fetched dynamically (I feel that I need some sort of
provider class here. but how do I attach it at this
option?). For now I hard-coded them in the plugin.xml
as enumeration options. But this is ugly and makes the
plugin.xml very, very long. Has someone better ideas
how to do it better?

Thanks,
 Roman

Yahoo! Music Unlimited