RE: AW: [cdt-dev] Startting remote program from GDB using"targetremote"

Hi Bala,

Thanks for your advice. The plugin.xml part was
already working before. So, our version of GDB was
"introduced" to Eclipse and it was trying to start it.
But it could not establish the connection with the
board using "target remote" or it is doing it
incorrectly.

But your idea about playing with createSession
parameters seems to be promising. I suspect also that
the newDebugTarget method of the CDIDebugModel class
and its resumeTarget parameter can help here, as
Mikhail Khodjaiants pointed out.

Thanks,
 Roman

--- Balasubramaniyan <balask@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Roman,
>
> 	I have extended few classes like MISession,
> MIPlugin,  changed the
> plugin.xml as follows & the debugger started to
> work.
> 	In MISession, there will be a createCSession.Just
> play around with
> the argument which is being sent to the GDB so that
> it matches your need &
> your debugger will start. Well , I have assumed that
> I understood your
> question. If this was not your question, can you
> please explain your
> question further ?
>

> <extension

point="org.eclipse.debug.core.launchConfigurationTypes">
>       <launchConfigurationType

sourceLocatorId="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.sourceLocator"
>             name="%BalaCDTLaunch.name"

delegate="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaCLaunchConfigurationDelegate"
>             modes="run,debug"
>             public="true"

sourcePathComputerId="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balasourcePathComputer"
>             id="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaCLaunch">
>       </launchConfigurationType>
> 	  <launchConfigurationType

delegate="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaAttachLaunchDelegate"

> id="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balaAttachCLaunch"
>             modes="debug"
>             name="%BalaAttachCDTLaunch.name"
>             public="true"

sourceLocatorId="org.eclipse.cdt.debug.core.sourceLocator"

sourcePathComputerId="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balasourcePathComputer">
>       </launchConfigurationType>
>
>    </extension>
>    <extension

point="org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTypeImages">
>       <launchConfigurationTypeImage
>             icon="icons/balac_app.gif"
>
> configTypeID="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaCLaunch"
>
> id="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaCLaunchImage">
>       </launchConfigurationTypeImage>
>       <launchConfigurationTypeImage
>             icon="icons/balac_app.gif"

configTypeID="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balaAttachCLaunch"

> id="org.eclipse.cdt.launch.localAttachLaunchImage">
>       </launchConfigurationTypeImage>
>    </extension>
>    <extension

point="org.eclipse.debug.ui.launchConfigurationTabGroups">
>       <launchConfigurationTabGroup
>
> type="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaCLaunch"

class="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaClaunchConfigurationTabGroup"

id="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaClaunchConfigurationTabGroup">
>       </launchConfigurationTabGroup>
>       <launchConfigurationTabGroup
>
> type="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balaAttachCLaunch"

class="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.BalaAttachLaunchConfigurationTabGroup"

id="com.hp.cdt.bala.launch.balaAttachLaunchTabGroup">

http://mail.zylin.com/pipermail/zylin-discuss_zylin.com/2005-November/000166
> .html
>  in the file
> http://www.zylin.com/zylincdt-20051102.zip
>
> But they do not contain the sources for the modified
> launcher and so on;
> they contain just few insignificant patches for CDT
> in source form, the rest
> is a binary JAR file with compiled classes. Is it
> the intention of the Zylin
> plugin developer? Or do I miss something? May be you
> know another place,
> where the sources could be found?
>
> And anyway, I'd like to understand better how to do
> it on my own, because it
> could happen that I need to extend the functionality
> beyond what Zylin
> plugin provides at the moment.
>
> Roman
>
> > Hi Roman,
> >
> > since you need detailed control of the gdb startup
> commands
> >
> > and since you have the case where the application
> is already running,
> > which is not provisioned by CDT's launch
> configurations
> >
> > I recommend you use the Zylin extensions to CDT -
> see
> > http://www.zylin.com/embeddedcdt.html
> >
> > It has a new launch configuration with a neat
> little text box where
> > you can specify exactly the commands for gdb
> startup.
> >
> > Does this help?
> >

> > Norbert
> >
> > -----Urspr?ngliche Nachricht-----