[cdt-dev] Error Parser Manager removes leading whitespace

Hi everybody,

I'm wondering if this is a "feature" is the ErrorParserManager or an actual bug:

Currently, I'm trying to write an error parser for my toolchain. My compiler uses whitespace at the beginning of the line to indicate that the line is a continuation of the current warning/error message, e.g.

Warning 105: Some random warning that is continued
   onto the next line of the compiler output.

I would like to use this information in my error parser, but unfortunately, the ErrorParserManager will trim leading and trailing whitespace:

ErrorParserManager:
private void checkLine(boolean flush) {
		String buffer = currentLine.toString();
		int i = 0;
		while ((i = buffer.indexOf('\n')) != -1) {
			String line = buffer.substring(0, i).trim(); // get rid of any trailing \r
//this will remove leading whitespace too :( ---------^^^^^^
			processLine(line);
[...]

So my questions are:
1. Should I file a bugzilla for this?
2. If it is not a bug, is there a way to get the "raw" line?
3. If it is a bug, should the line rather trim the trailing whitespace only? I could provide a patch that does that.

Kind regards,
Elias.

---
Elias Volanakis
Innoopract Informationssysteme GmbH
### address: Stephanienstraße 20, 76133 Karlsruhe, Germany
###   phone: +49 721 966-2360
###     fax: +49 721 966-2362
###     web: www.innoopract.de

Back to the top