From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Aparna Argade
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 5:17 AM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] how to change linker output name

Hi,

I have integrated a custom toolchain to MBS. I want to give the linker’s output as input to another tool. Also I have multiple .o files as input to linker. Therefore I have made Linker Input’s multipleOfType attribute as true.

Now the generated makefile contains the name of my linker output as default.out. I want to have it same as final build artifact name.

I tried following options but I am not able to do it.

1. I am implementing a nameProvider class with the method-

public IPath[] getOutputNames(ITool tool, IPath[] primaryInputNames) ;

    Here I do not understand how to get the name of final build artifact. I need to get IManagedBuildInfo but I am not getting it.

    Is there any way to get it?

2. I also tried with Linker Output’s namePattern as “%.out”. But makefile still contains default.out as linker output.

    Is there any way to specify name of main input file among multiple input files?

3. Write own MakefileGenerator.

If the initial two options are not possible then only I am thinking of modifying MakefileGenerator.

Please help.

Regards,

Aparna

Back to the top