[cdt-dev] Issues with MBS Binary Parser

Hi,

There are some issues with the MBS Binary Parser.

1. Built executables do not get parsed for the first time, eventhough the Binary Parser default value is set to PE. Restarting eclipse fixes this.
2. Sometimes the Binary Parser selection loses its default value. There is no regular pattern in which this happens, but I noticed from C/C++ Build properties that the setting is lost around once in 6 project creation instances.
3. In C/C++ Build properties of a project, the Binary Parser selection seems to be across all configurations of a project. Why is this the case when the Binary Parser is defined at ToolChain level in MBS definition? While integrating our toolchain, we have a situation where we build different Binary formats for different Configurations. Is this not how it works?

Many thanks to whoever can shed some light on this.

Regards,
-Bala

Bala Torati
Senior Software Engineer
Symbian Ltd, London, UK.
Telephone: +44 20 7154 1262
Mobile: +44 78 3727 9737

********************************************************************** Symbian Software Ltd is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4190020 and registered office at 2-6 Boundary Row, Southwark, London, SE1 8HP, UK. This message is intended only for use by the named addressee and may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please notify postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx and delete the message and any attachments accompanying it immediately. Neither Symbian nor any of its subsidiaries accepts liability for any corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses occurring to this message in transit or for any message sent by its employees which is not in compliance with Symbian corporate policy. **********************************************************************

Back to the top